Saturday, June 12, 2010

"So hot we'll melt your popsicle"

What a catchy song. Sometimes I'll find myself singing it without realizing right away what song I'm singing! I think it's triggered by the heat outside. It has been so hot that it'll melt my popsicle!! (That was cheesy...)

I took a walk Friday evening because it was so beautiful out. It was a much needed break and time just for myself to enjoy the beauty outside 4 walls and a roof. I realized though, that I'm not much of a landscape person. I can definitely enjoy it, but in terms of capturing what I see and how I see it into a photo...I'll leave that to the experts.

The absence of people in my photos from that day are obvious to me. I kept thinking how the scene would be completely different if I had subjects in there to work with. Oh well. Next time I can get someone to model for me, I'll know where to take them. :)

Photo Walk

Each row, from L to R:
1. Drove down a would-have-been-creepy-if-it-were-nighttime gravel road that led to a HUGE lot of land. I pulled over and started taking pictures...in the back of my mind scared that someone would run out with a shot gun and chase me away. EEP!
2. Beautiful...weeds that seem to grow everywhere!
3. Rodale Park: I drive by this park several times a week when the sun's starting to set and I always want to get photos with the fences. AH. Beautiful.
4. Right next to Rodale park, the tops of the Fred J. Jaindl Elementary School.
5. The road passing by Rodale Park and the Elementary School.
6. I pulled off to the side of a tiny road where there was this empty field where a house used to be (there were still some of the house foundation left). I really wanted to have a model to photograph in this scene...
7. Tracks from a construction vehicle in front of the Elementary School.
8. Fields in my neighborhood.
9. When I drove to the end of my development, I saw this STOP sign set against the backdrop of the acres of farm land and loved the contrast of it.

If you, or you know of anyone who wants portraits taken, let me know! I miss photographing (new) people (--because my nephew's a person too! :P).

Happy weekend! I hope you get a chance to stop and take in what's around you. :)

4 comments:

  1. jen you're a super photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tina! :) i hope i get to take photos of you and tim again soon!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always imagine places with people in them. haha :) the photos are beautiful nonetheless, subject or no subject. something about them is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my delayed response...

    thanks, esther! :) that's so encouraging, especially coming from you!

    ReplyDelete